Operation Dignity is an organization based in Oakland that helps the families of homeless vets. They help vets with emergency and transitional housing and services to help them get back on their feet. Abbie 4-H has been helping this organization provide a happy spring for these children for several years. This year, OakTown 4-H will be helping to make baskets as part of our Community Service efforts.
Here’s how you can help:
Bring to the March Community Club meeting (Monday, March 9th at Dimond Park) items to help make Easter Baskets such as:
- New Stuffed Animals
- Small games or toys such as Rubix cubes, decks of cards, Slinkies, balls, color crayons and books etc.
- Bags of candy or chocolate bunnies
- Useful items for homeless children such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoos, hand sanitizers, hairbrushes etc.
- Large bows, ribbon or cellophane for wrapping baskets
- OR Donate money to help buy ready-made baskets
Our goal is to complete baskets, not just gather materials. The children range in age up to young teenagers, so we will need a range of age appropriate items. Please bring supplies to donate.